Today was about as perfect of a Sunday as a girl could imagine. I was out of bed before 7 am & out the door for a walk with Olive. Since I had no coffee in the house, we walked up to Peet's, the local coffeeshop, to enjoy a cup. This is where I admit that I LOVE sitting and enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee on Sunday mornings. Coffee tastes better on Sunday. I drink coffee daily, but Sunday should be different. Relaxed, maybe with a newspaper, but absolutely not rushed. This morning was even better. When Olive and I got to Peet's, we ran into a dear friend & began the day sipping coffee and catching up on the bench out front. Ok, fine, maybe I sound like I am 47 instead of 31, but really, there is nothing better than waking up on Sunday and enjoying the moment. Not hungover or groggy from a wild Saturday night.
On this fine Sunday, coffee was only the beginning. Megan and I went to Champagne Brunch at Bespoke, a group cooking "party" (or "brunch wars" depending on who you ask). There were approximately 20 people attending; you split into teams and prepare the dishes that will be enjoyed by all at the end. All the while, enjoying the BYOB of choice. As they pointed out before we got started, cooking is better with drinks. Who am I to argue?!
Megan and I chose the frittata station and had to chop a huge bowl of mushrooms. Such a large bowl that Meggo said she felt like this might be a little like prison.
Once we finished the mushrooms, we cracked many eggs into a bowl and whisked them, which we somehow turned into an event that dissolved us into fits of laughter. Maybe it was the champagne. Regardless, I highly suggest getting your hips into it the next time you are whisking.
Our station was also responsible for maple glazed bacon. Heaven. (Note this is bacon's second appearance in my blog.) It wasn't a competition, there was no judging. I'm pretty sure we all won when we got to sit down and eat! The entire brunch was delish! And I'm supremely envious of the women who run the company.
Capped off the day by icing my ankles with my "dream machine", a post-Boston marathon celebratory glass of wine with Beth, and a Top 10 event with Megan. Yep. April's Top 10 event - drink an expensive bottle of wine. We made a trip to the wine shop yesterday & picked up our chosen bottle. A 2006 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from Lewis Cellars in Napa Valley. It was a monumental moment. The most money I've ever spent on a single bottle of wine. When we got back from brunch, we ceremoniously uncorked and decanted the wine. About 3 hours later, we raised our glasses and took the first delightful sip. Ohhh, it was good. Velvety smooth. Perfect ending to an "enjoy the moment" kind of Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That brunch sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe you should open a place like that of your own!!
ReplyDelete