Good Friends, Good Food, Good Wine

Sunday Supper is about 3 of my favorite things coming together in one place. Good Friends, Good Food, Good Wine. All in my kitchen once a month in 2010. It makes Sunday my favorite day of the week, and it is filling my very first condo with memories to last a lifetime. Sunday Supper is the inspiration and starting point for this blog, but it is far from being the only point. As with the Sunday Supper that takes place in my kitchen each month, I hope you stop by for the food, but find you want to stay for so much more. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

blueberries

Last week, I got the crazy idea to rent a blueberry bush.  It seemed like a great summer adventure.  My blueberry bush is on a green farm in Michigan, Moss Funnel Farms, about 3 hours from Chicago, and as of last Thursday, it bears my name.  I'm so excited to go pick blueberries, I've been telling EVERYONE.  I talk about it daily.  No joke.  Thankfully, Megan, who co-owns the blueberry bush with me, shares my excitement.  She might be the only one who doesn't think I am crazy!  As of now, July 28 is the first day we will make a trip to the farm to visit our little blueberry bush and pick berries.  Blueberry picking outfits are definitely in order.  Mostly likely a floppy hat and something that I don't care if it is stained blue.  For some reason, I am picturing Megan and I covered in purplish-blue spots by the end of it.  Good thing the inside of my car is black!  There will be lots of laughs and plenty of pictures from the adventure, and we're already dreaming up all the things we can make with our blueberries.  Pie, cobbler, jam, muffins ... YUM!!  I'm preparing my kitchen for Blueberry Festival 2010.  It may call for covering the walls and floors in plastic.  We'll see how this year goes, we might be on to something ...  Either way, I have a hunch I'll be making a second trip in August!

As a sidenote, this will also be Megan's first trip to Michigan, an event worthy of documentation even without the blueberries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment